So many birthdays, how to stay unique

I have to say that I am blessed beyond my dreams with a beautiful family and out little grands. I want to create unique and personal cards for all of them. Here are a few of them, although I may not remember all the items used, I will try to add the main things. paper I this hear I focused on the child’s name. I used Altenew’s alphabet die set. I’ve actually gotten a lot of use from this set. This card is simply done with pretty paper I purchased many years ago. I have to admit that I’m a bit of a hoarder and it has been hard for me to use things that I might not be able to find again. I used to sing You Are My Sunshine to my children and so I had to get this die from Simon Says Stamp’s. I made a gate fold card with slider to close where I cut two circles, one with scallops to mimic the sun. next comes The boys! Time to have a little creative fun with colorful monsters. I love the stencil from Gina K. Happy die, Distress inks from Tim holtz, and stamps from Nicole Tamarin. here’s Spider-Man with Tim holtz spider web die and heart die cut in half for the eyes. Usted Distress inks. Here’s a few random cards as well. I typically create cards for my stash that don’t necessarily have a sentiment on the front and then will customize based on the current need. I liked this die from Catherine Pooler “KIND” and ordered the stamp set to coordinate. you can see I paired it with stamps from Visible Image – which has become one of my favorites. And Altenew for the inside sentiment. last but not least, a masculine card using Tim Holtz stamps, Distress inks, wood grain

Impression die and Bigz dies.

Well, I think I’ll save the rest for another post. Hope this gives you some ideas and you have fun creating.

Joanne

Daughter ~ a special piece

So, I was trying to think of something special I could do to celebrate my daughters 30th birthday. What started as a simple project turned into something pretty special. I started with this beautiful paper from my Tim Holtz stash which I stamped on and grundge up with Distress Vintage ink. I also used a piece of gold cardstock, sanded and distressed with mushroom alcohol ink.

Next I die cut the flowers and greens from water color card, colored them with Distress InkS. I decided to add a few honey bees and honeycomb as well. The bees were heat embossed with black embossing powder and the honey come was embossed with Seth Apter beeswax embossing powder. I painted the bees with fossilized amber Distress Ink. I found some old wood mounted background stamps that I thought I’d try for various backgrounds. I inked the stamps with Distress Oxide inks and then spritzed them with water before stamping.

I love these Tim Holtz flower dies, so easy to create something unique. Simply water colored with the Distress inks.

Now I needed to decide how I was going to build and what details I wanted to add. I decided to stencil the birth year. First thing to do was to double check I had that right as I’ve been known to get it wrong. I used a few rub ons and a grundged up photo holder. You can see I changed my mind for the Distant Relatives, ended up going with two women to represent mother/daughter which I colored with Distress crayons.

I used several metal trinkets that needed to be distressed. Something I don’t have much experience with. I just played around with cracked pistachio paint and ink to see how it would work. Both seemed to work but the ink was a bit quicker. I added rusty hinge as well.

The daughter stamp is Visible Image which I stamped and embossed on som TH paper.

Because my project continued to grow in size, I had to use a 8×10 canvas which I gessoed and painted with Distress paints. I added some texture paste via stencils along with ink. I also used some washi tape and TH vintage emphera tickets. On a whim I decided to add the flower emphera to the photo pocket – it wasn’t part of the plan but I think it worked.

So, I didn’t have a frame for this size and thought it was needed. I purchased a wooden frame that had metal hinges and thought I could grundge it up to work. What I didn’t realize was that the crackle paste wouldn’t stick to he wood so it requires a re-do. I had quite a bit of left to make a birthday card. Hope this hasn’t been too long, or lost you along the way. I never start a project and know exactly how it will turn out. Here you got a glimpse of me changing and adapting as I went along.

My daughter has grown into a lovely young woman who is now my best friend, and I adore her.

Hope you have a blessed day,

Joanne